Wednesday, April 16, 2008

By Way of Introduction

Welcome to Bughouse Square. The name of the site is taken from a speakers park on the near north side of Chicago which, for more than a century, has hosted anyone with the wherewithal and the lung power to mount the rostrum and hold forth on just about anything they feel like.
For a dozen years, beginning in 1993, I had the opportunity to hold similarly forth in a regular column in my local weekly, The Ware River News. Everything was fair game, from politics to life with my kid as a single parent. During the course of this run, the column received a couple of awards from the New England Press Association.
Lately, however, I've been looking for a way to get the word out beyond the handful of western Mass. towns our paper serves, so I resisted my luddite ways and opened up shop in the blogosphere. From here, who knows. But if you happen to run into this space in your cyber-travels I hope you find the stuff herein worth the visit.
Peace, y'all...

No comments: